Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Impact of IPL on the Prabhus

The Better Half recently asked me why I had not written about the most important event in India. When I said that I had already commented about the Indian elections, she gave me one of those did-i-make-a-mistake-marrying-this-guy looks and said "No, you twerp!! I was talking about the IPL". She was absolutely right - I had not written although it had a great impact on us. So here goes...the top 10 ways that IPL had impacted our day to day life.

10. My son knows more about cities in South Africa now than India.

9. When asked the capital of India, my son said it was Delhi Daredevils.

8.My wife insists that only four members of my side of the family can come to family functions as per rules.

7. We rave, shout and use superlatives like "Super" and "Awesome" about a small home baked birthday cake which is only half a kg with only four people around.

6.Someone at home is leaking out family secrets in a blog called fakeprabhu.blogspot.com.

5.We have named all our dishes with the prefix of the sponsors like DLF Daal , Vodafone Vadas & Cisco Chappathis.

4. My wife serves Biryani in the morning and cereals for lunch, insisting its similar to the strategy of Yusuf Pathan opening the bowling.

3. We have decided to appoint Lalit Modi to head our donation committee for Ganesh Chaturthi this year - we are open if the celebrations are held in a different country.

2. When I come back home on Friday still holding a job, I call it as the "Citi Moment of success".

and the biggest impact has been (drum roll, please)

1. Whenever I and my wife have a fight, we have a 7 1/2 minute "strategic timeout" and I always say "Sorry" in the first minute after it.

Well..I am really happy it comes only once in a year (unless His Highness Modi decrees otherwise) but then who knows...?!!!!


2 comments:

Akshar said...

Wow. This was hilarious. I loved the DLF Daal and Citi moment of success. Really, this form of marketing makes me cringe, these admen have taken it too far.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Keep it going. In our house, we had decided to have our own cheerleaders but for some reason, my wife disagrees! :-)